Most elegant flowers!

"And now for something completely different"

Since Blogger.com makes doing little voluntary polls incredibly easy, just for fun I am starting a little contest for the most elegant flower. I plan on posting 5 pictures at a time in each draw. After five contests I will will put the winners up against each other. I may continue the contest further if there is any interest. Suggestions for future contestants are welcome.

I would like this to be a subjective judgment by each voter of the intrinsic elegance of each species or variety, not necessarily a judgment of beauty (which in my opinion is not necessarily the same as elegance) nor a judgment of my photos. The selections are all mine for now with a mix of wild and garden flowers. Everyone is welcome to participate.

~ The voting list is on the left side of the blog~

1-Zephranthes grandiflora






2-Heteranthera dubia


















3-Calopogon tuberosus



















4-Iris sibirca 'Gulls Wing'















5-Arisaema heterophyllum





I will keep the voting open for a week or so. Check backfor the 2nd draw soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amerian Bells - Clematis section Viornae

A Male Rufous Hummingbird visited our garden for a few days

Nov. 21st Meeting - Local Ecologist to speak about new possibilities in biocontrol of invasive species .