Some thoughts abouts plants in Pennsylvania and anywhere else we travel

PA Plantings Blog Home

Including the new home for news and reports of the
Muhlenberg Botanic Club of Lancaster, PA

Pa Plantings Web Web Site Home
including other information about plants

All photographs copyright by Mike Slater unless otherwise noted.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Most elegant flowers!

"And now for something completely different"

Since Blogger.com makes doing little voluntary polls incredibly easy, just for fun I am starting a little contest for the most elegant flower. I plan on posting 5 pictures at a time in each draw. After five contests I will will put the winners up against each other. I may continue the contest further if there is any interest. Suggestions for future contestants are welcome.

I would like this to be a subjective judgment by each voter of the intrinsic elegance of each species or variety, not necessarily a judgment of beauty (which in my opinion is not necessarily the same as elegance) nor a judgment of my photos. The selections are all mine for now with a mix of wild and garden flowers. Everyone is welcome to participate.

~ The voting list is on the left side of the blog~

1-Zephranthes grandiflora






2-Heteranthera dubia


















3-Calopogon tuberosus



















4-Iris sibirca 'Gulls Wing'















5-Arisaema heterophyllum





I will keep the voting open for a week or so. Check backfor the 2nd draw soon.

No comments: