Listening to Birds

I just came across a web site that I would like to share with people. It is the Listening to Birds
an anthropological approach to bird sounds web site. As soon as I found it I just had to tell my sister about it and put in my contribution about R-b nuts!

I love hearing many bird songs and call but the one that always brings a smile to my face is the little anh-anh-anh sound that Red-breasted Nuthatches make as they chat among themselves as they energetically search for food along the branches and trunks of trees.

I like this call so much because this subtle yet cheerful sound inspires me during the cold months that they spend in our area and also the fact that they don't come here every year so they are an irregular delightful surprise when the do come and spend the winter.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amerian Bells - Clematis section Viornae

A Male Rufous Hummingbird visited our garden for a few days

Nov. 21st Meeting - Local Ecologist to speak about new possibilities in biocontrol of invasive species .